Count Down

Monday, December 14, 2009

Oh Christmas Tree

This one deserves a story: Once upon a time Mark and I were serving as hosts at the Creche Sat night. Caia stayed home and babysat her sisters. When we got home not only were the little girls in bed, the kitchen clean with the dishwasher running with 8 dishes in it, AND the lights on the Christmas tree hung. We have had the tree up since Thanksgiving but I couldn't find the lights. Every couple of days I'd get tired of looking at the bare tree and march down stairs and look for the lights, having no success I'd give up. On the way home from the Creche I told Mark I wanted to run to Walmart to buy more..then decided to just head home. I'm glad I didn't buy them. She did such a great job with what we had. It's the best tree ever and we all are living happily ever after!

5 comments:

Paige said...

I love the how the lights got put up on your tree and you left them! The tree looks great!

Kristin said...

how sweet...love the part about the 8 dishes in the running dishwasher! :)

Unknown said...

Cute story! This will be the tree you'll remember.

wendy said...

YES! I love Caia!

rexburgskinners said...

Oh Holly, I love giving you a hug. People still look at me weird down here when I give hugs, guess they don't know me yet. It was great to see you too. Happy New Year!