Count Down

Sunday, January 18, 2009

Question of the Day




Question of the day: What are you going to do if the Cardinals win the Superbowl?

A- WE'RE GOING TO DISNEYLAND!


Pretty quiet week. My little bro. and his wife are expecting baby number 3! Their youngest is 6 so we are all excited. That will be grand baby number 9 for my parents.
OK next a post update from a couple of weeks ago. Elyse's eye apt. was cancelled due to bad roads so we'll tackle that date after we get back from Disneyland.
Elyse gave her first talk in primary. We didn't find out until Saturday when our primary secretary called:"It's only her second week in primary do you think she'll do it?" "Yeah" I told her "I think she'll do it." So I wrote the talk Saturday night and Sunday morning while we were getting ready we reviewed it over and over. On the way to church I talked to her about not touching the mic. not putting her mouth on the mic, etc. etc. This is how it went. She stood up, I stand next to her.
E-She starts, "is this on?"
M-"Yes"
E-"My name is Lyse Monson"
M- I think oh we didn't practice that so I whisper the first line.
E-Whispering, turning toward me "I don't need help"
Completely composed in the mic. "I am a Child of God and he has sent me here has given me an earthly home with parents kind and dear"
M-Wow that was good I start to feed her the next part
turning aside toward me "I don't need help!"

She proceeds flawlessly So I start to feed her the 3 part
E-Whispering with attitude "Mom I said I don't need help!!"
(Thank you Sister Brinkley for saving the day.) I called on her Sunbeam teacher to help her finish, she did it flawlessly. Never touched the mic with her hands or mouth. Said every word like she was the Bishop! I guess that's what I get for raising independent girls.
All I could do was listen and think "That's my girl!"
Well done my Pumpkin Pie.

3 comments:

About Us said...

Oh Holly... moments like this are my favorite!!! Because all you really can do is sit back, smile and laugh!

Hope you guys have a great trip! Have fun!!!! ((((hugs))))

ashley said...

so cute..hope you got home safe the other day, oh i guess you did since you half a pan of brownies LOL!! hope you guys have fun at disneyland.

the wrath of khandrea said...

truth: i was secretly afraid she would punch me if i tried to help her. but you asked me to, so how could i say no?