Count Down

Sunday, November 30, 2008

Thanksgiving

Caia making a crust for Great Grandma's Dutch Apple Pie.
Payton eating peels.


Caia peeling, slicing and coring apples for the pie.
Payton eating the peels almost as fast as Caia is peeling.

The table all set, we even had place cards this year!
(Only the best for our guests.)
Notice the fog setting in, we had
over 24 consecutive hours of a heavy fog.


Our last two weeks were good ones. Jolyn came and visited for the weekend (20-24). We enjoyed the start of my Christmas shopping in Spokane. For my birthday we started the day off with presents. Then I let the kids skip the morning of school and we went to the Breakfast club for breakfast. The girls love to go there for breakfast. We spent the day around the house, and that evening enjoyed prime rib at the Keusperts, (he was Marks 1st councilor for the first 2 years.) I picked up a chocolate pie at Costco for dessert. The girls sure got a kick out of all of those candles! Saturday we started some small gift crafts, hit a craft fair, and we topped off the evening with my friend Wendy at Twilight I thoroughly enjoyed the movie. I can't wait for the next one and now I'm reading them again!
Jolyn was off to the airport and I turned to Thanksgiving preparations. We had two families of 4, one of 6, 4 Elders and us. I have to admit that everything went like clockwork. After dinner us girls slipped out to the Thanksgiving Michael's sale. ( I had to get my $30.00 Cricut cartridges!) The last 3 days have been unusually quiet. Mark and I did hit a few sales Friday late morning. And attended a Friday night baptism for a convert in our ward. We were excited that Logan Finally took the plunge, she is 16 and was baptized by her 16 year old cousin it was a very special evening.
The girls are all in bed and we are looking forward to the Christmas break I enjoyed having everyone home and happy to play together. Thank you to all for the Birthday wishes.
Have a great week.

5 comments:

Paige said...

Hey Holly, I think that my son Hyrum could eat apple peels just like your daughter. He would probably challenge her to a race. I cooked my first Thanksgiving dinner this year. It tasted great and I finished everything on time, but it was not presented as fancy as yours.....I guess I am still learning. How are things up in Moscow? Have you seen my blog? www.paigesinclair.blogspot.com

wendy said...

I love the picture of Payton stringing out the apple peel! Very nice and glad to hear you had a good Thanksgiving. And the Twilight movie WAS awesome. I got both my mom and my sister-in-law on the books. I read the first 2 books in 2 1/2 days. Allen said I couldn't read the third one until after Christmas because he wanted his wife back. In my defense I reminded him that we were on vacation and that I would NEVER be able to do that at home. So the third book is most likely to be purchased today...if I can find it! HA! Loves Wendy

Idaho Penningtons said...

Love, Love, Love the picture of the looooonnnnnngggggg apple peal in paytons mouth!!!

rexburgskinners said...

I love the picture of Payton eating the apple peal. Cracked me up! Sorry we didn't get to see you. It was a fast but fun trip!

gogokari said...

Very impressive. Addi read your post and said, "Why don't WE get to have place cards? Thanks a lot, Holly:)