Count Down

Monday, February 16, 2009

Here is an E-mail I received from Elyse's primary teacher this morning.
To Holly
From Sis Brinkley
Re: Elyse
the girl never ceases to entertain. yesterday, she sat by me in primary. she kept petting my arm, like a cat or something. frankly, it was getting a little annoying, and after repeated reminders to "please keep your hands in your lap", i finally just said, "elise, i don't like it when you pet my arm like that. will you please stop?" and she said, "but sista bwinkwey, your skin is so soft! do you use lotion??"

i recommended the bath and body works body cream to her, as it contains avocado oil and does wonders for the skin. just so you know.

also, she kept telling me the "mean man stuck her in a hole" and i was dying to hear the story behind that. and she showed me her new Ariel locker (not locket, locker, mind you) and when i asked her if she could maybe keep a cupcake in there and bring it to me next week, she said yes. so I'll be expecting one. thanks.

By way of explanation:
At home she spends all day singing the Ariel song into it. Caia got tired of hearing it and tried to convince her that the locket was full!

The "mean man" was a bad dream she had the other day. I asked her today if Sis Brinkley has soft skin, she said "yes but the mean man has pokey skin!" I had better add a couple extra bucks this month to her psych fund for when she grows up!

4 comments:

Idaho Penningtons said...

LOVE IT!!! LOVE IT!!! That is classic Elyse!!!!

Steve and Nicolle said...

I have to admit, I was pretty disappointed when Elyse wouldn't sing into her locker for me after church...

Unknown said...

Hee hee. That is such a cute story! What a funny teacher Sister Brinkley is too.

the wrath of khandrea said...

you would love this week's story then...

she refused to participate in class, and sat with her arms crossed the entire time because she was mad at me.

why?

because i wouldn't give her additional animal crackers, but the co-teacher's baby was eating some.
E: "I'm SOOO hungwy!"
Me: "That is a bummer!"
E: "Well I WOULDN'T be hungwy if I had some of those ANIMAL CWACKEWS"
Me: "I know. It's tough being a big kid now."
E: Irritated silence.