Count Down

Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Day 1 of 3, Merry Christmas.

Sister Alvey @ the piano, Caia, Payton, Joseph & Emma Hansen, Ashley Todd Clay Hansen,
Sam and Roy Patten.
Gladys Patten, Clay and Amy Hansen

Monte came and crashed the party, Sue was home recovering from surgery. We love you Sue and hope to see you on Christmas day.


Roy Patten holding Bethany Alvey, Paul, Alex, and BreAnn Alvey.



Emma, Caia, Payton and Elyse completely enthralled with Sam's yukalaylee skills.




Sam Patten in the zone!












BreAnn helped me clean up while Paul enjoyed a good literary read, "The Bean Buckets."
I love that he was laughing as hard as the kids.







I decided it would be wise to try to post each of the next three days as they happened or I will not do our fun justice. We have a tradition of a musical evening some time the week before Christmas. The last 2 years we were at Doug and Nicole Haines, this year they were out of town so we moved the festivities to our house. We of course had a lot of fun and food. The Hansen family came, along with the Alvey's, and our home teachers the Pattens, who brought along two of our friends the Todd's. My favorite addition this year was the hot chocolate bar. I have been on a quest to create the coffee stand hot chocolate and I did it. Torani's choc. sauce, milk and Torani's flavoring, yummy whipping cream, along with my favorite Christmas present ever my cocoamotion from my Sis-in-Law Mary Liz. I have great plain white mugs from Target and I put out dry erase markers so everyone could write their names on them. Of course all of our teenage friends took it to the next level and decorated their mugs, it was a stroke of FUN on my part. Then we gathered around the piano for good old Christmas carols. I love that we spent most of our time singing from the hymn book. The kids each took turns playing a piano piece, and Sam Patten brought his yukalaylee( I had to look up the spelling for that one). I think everyone had a great time. I can't begin to express how warm and happy these events make me. I guess I host them for selfish reasons but I believe this is the kind of entertainment that the spirit is able to attend and I feel blessed to have a home to host them in, and friends willing to participate. Merry Eve of Christmas Eve!

2 comments:

Idaho Penningtons said...

FUN!!! Cute idea about the mugs!! Stroke of Genius - ABSOLUTELY!

BreAnn said...

Thanks for such a fun evening!!