Count Down

Thursday, December 25, 2008

Day 3 of 3, Merry Christmas!

I almost forgot this one. Mark gave me a jewelry box this year. He has picked out such beautiful pieces of jewelry the past few holidays but I haven't had a good place to keep them. Well Payton had a different use for the box. She told me tonight that my jewelry box was her favorite present. I think Mark may have to open the two boxes of saws that have been sitting in my garage unopened for a year, and see if he can build Miss Payton a her own "china cabinet".
And they lived happily ever after! I wish this had turned out, Caia took this picture. Payton was snuggled right up against me. A perfect ending to a very Merry Christmas.

Our friend Dan Evans gave this puzzle game to the girls. We all enjoyed it.











Dan's mom Sis Evans sent each of the girls necklaces. Elyse's Necklace had a Dora on it. She wore that, and the bracelet, which matched exactly to her jammy's and robe, all day. She took it off for a nap and put it all right back on.





Caia and Payton's necklaces were "I am a Child of God" charms. How well she knows little girls. Mark is the only one that has met Sis Evans but she remembers the girls each holiday! Thank you Sis Evans for being so thoughtful!
(Some day I will remember to post pictures backwards first, then add text so this would all be in the correct order, I'm not great at thinking backwards, oh well!)

OK OK enough suspense for you impatient souls. I can't believe all of the flack I have gotten for not posting sooner. I hope this lives up to your expectations!
So after a late night, our morning didn't start until 7 am! I could hear Payton and Caia whispering and their little slipper feet scooting around. When they woke us they had only peeked to see if he had come, they wanted to wait for us to get up to play w/Santa gifts and stockings. I assured them it was OK to get into these things, and they took Elyse to take a peek. Elyse came back in talking 90 miles a minute. "Santa came down and stepped out of the chimney and left lots of presents, and a Diamond Castle Barbie!" She repeated this twice and I wished I had the video on. We are so bad at taking pictures on Christmas Day we start off taking them then Mark and I get to caught up in the action and get distracted. Our gift to the girls was a count down calendar to our Disneyland adventure in February. They weren't as excited as I though they would be. They couldn't get past the fact we have been telling them that we would go next summer or so. So finding out we are going this February I guess confused them!?! They got over it and excited when we watched the DVD from Disneyland.
We had time to talk to our Grandparents in Russia and AZ. We always enjoy these visits. I have to admit I feel very blessed to have two families that love us and we get to spend eternity with.
Skype is also such a blessing as well, we love that we can include them in our festivities even though they are both so far away.

No comments: